Every one has their favorites. Hubby and I have very different tastes in movies. I savor the time that I can indulge in my alone movie time. I will watch all those "guy" action movies, and I like some of them, but Jason Statham movies are all the same to me. I love my movies to have substance and of course, a little travel thrown in is always a plus. Years ago when I was single, I went on a date with someone who chose the movie we would see. He chose one of those Alien type movies. Needless to say, that was the first and last date. I don't mind compromise in movie viewing, but somethings I draw the line on. Anywho, here is a list of my all time favorite movies:
|Catch and Release|
1. Catch and Release- I love Boulder, Co. and I love this movie. The music, the easy story line and throw in a little bit of Kevin Smith and I fell head over heels for it.
2. From the Terrace- Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward were such a striking couple. I can imagine what kind of a stink was thrown when this movie came out. Woodward plays such a hussy in this movie. And the line, "How do you like them apples?" was just too perfect.
3. Hatari- After seeing this movie as a child, I wanted to go to Africa and I wanted my own baby elephant. I dreamed of living on that ranch with all of the animals. Everytime I hear the Elephant March I smile.
4. Eat Pray Love- You had to know this would be on the list. Yes, this is the life I dream of having sometimes. Throwing it all away and just taking off. Don't we all have those moments? I'm not sure if I could ever be that daring or if I just couldn't leave me wonderful family for that long, but it's fun to dream about.
5. Under the Tuscan Sun- This movie came at the perfect time for me. After Hurricane Katrina, I bought an old house and decided to fix it up..I could identify with Diane Lane's character. I was single, bought a house and completely felt like I was in over my head. My favorite line was, "You bought a house for a life you don't even have". Well, that life came to me as it did for her character. Funny how movies speak to your life situations sometimes.