Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Itchy Itchy!

Every year my dear husband finds his way into poison ivy. Or maybe it just finds him. He has had it so bad that doctor visits were necessary. I started searching for some home remedies and have come across a few that we will try this year. Do you have any of your own that you have tried?




Banana

 To use banana as a home remedy, you need to rub a paste of mashed banana on the affected area. This remedy can provide a soothing effect and help an individual in getting quick relief from the problem of poison ivy. An individual can also rub the inside part of a banana peel on the affected area to cure the symptoms of poison ivy.




Oatmeal

Apply cooked oatmeal, cooled of course, on the affected area. It can reduce the rashes and itching resulting from poison ivy. Another option is to take a bath with lukewarm water containing oatmeal. Now I'm wondering if adding bananas would make it work twice as good.



Peppermint Oil


Peppermint Oil is applied to the area and creates a soothing sensation almost immediately. I'm not sure if it will cure it but I bet it feels great. 


                                   

 Fels Naptha


Once you have been exposed to Poison Ivy, wash the area of your skin with it. Also wash your clothes with it to get rid of the resin. This has been used for over 100 years. 









2 comments:

  1. I remember one year that my son had problems with getting into poison ivy! I wish that I would have know about these remedies back then. It can be a very itchy problem for days. Thanks for sharing these great home remedies!

    ReplyDelete