The second part of this series is about medical supplies. During Hurricane Katrina, our local hosptial became low on medications. Some hosptials were short on staff because they couldn't get to work. Road closures and flooding made it near impossible to get to a hospital.
Do you have enough medical supplies on hand? Imagine over a month of stores being closed. Here are a few items to keep on hand in case of an emergency:
1. A First Aid kit is a good start. Make sure there are bandages for large wounds in it.
2. An Eye Wash Kit is a great thing to have.
4. Alcohol for cleaning wounds and hands.
5. If you have time, fill all prescriptions.
6. Pain relievers and antihistamines
Visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website for more emergency preparing tips.
Check out Tender Corp First Aid Kits for the best in First Aid Products.