Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day






The origin of Mother's Day goes back to the time of the ancient Greeks and Romans. But the roots of Mother's Day history can also be traced to the United Kingdomwhere "Mothering Sunday" was celebrated.  Thanks to the hard work of the pioneering women of their times, Julia Ward Howe and Anna Jarvis Mother's Day came into existence. Today, Mother's day is celebrated across 46 countries but some on a different days. It is a day of celebrating Mothers everywhere and their love and dedication to their children. 

As my children get older it is harder for us to be together on Mother's Day. My oldest two had to work, but were able to call this morning. Both came by after work. I was able to spend time with my sweet mom this morning. I spent the rest of the day cooking with my youngest son. It was so much fun spending that time with him. 

I hope everyone at least makes a phone call to the women in their lives that are 
Moms or have chosen to be a Mom figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment